Sunday, January 17, 2010

Forward, march.


I am going away for a while
But I'll be back, don't try and follow me
'Cause I'll return as soon as possible
See I'm trying to find my place
But it might not be here where I feel safe
We all learn to make mistakes
Paramore - Misguided Ghosts

The thought of leaving what I know and stepping out into a world that is a lot bigger than I once imagined, is sitting in the back of my mind, and slowly becoming more and more prominent. It has not even been a week since my return home, and I missing travelling already. The experiences, The people, the situations. There is just so much to learn, so much to explore, so much to take in.
I have an itch in my feet.
Wellington will always be home. This place is filled with everything that is good, and some things which are better. The constant and unchanging
  • Hugs from the Heart
  • True friends who know my insides better than any other
  • Cheap wine and tacky photos
  • My Family
  • My Past. The good, the bad and the ugly.


But there is so much more than this windy little city. So much more that I will experience.

  • The endless stretches of highways
  • The coldest of winters
  • The endless summers
  • New Friends, New Memories
  • The never ending photo opportunites

And then, I guess there are the things that will always make me happy, no matter where I am in this beautiful world.

  • Good books
  • Good music
  • Family
  • Friends
  • Cold Beer in the afternoon
  • Movies on Rainy days
  • Adventures on Sunny days
  • Roadtrips
  • Chivalry
  • Love
Who knows how long it will be before I am on the road again, I suspect it won't be to far in the distant future. But for now, I will wait, happy in the place I am in right at this moment, and continue to day dream about the places I will meet, the sights I will witness and the souls I will encounter.







2 comments:

  1. It's funny, when you're out travelling, you're dying to just sit in your own kitchen with a cup of tea and your parents. Then when you're there, you're so bored you want to scream and run away!lol! Damn that wanting what you don't have thing!

    ReplyDelete