Sunday, February 27, 2011

Speak to my soul,


Its not secret that music is a big passion of mine. I really cant imagine going even a day without listening to a tune. At the moment though, I have been listening to 3 or 4 albums, over and over and over again. In fact in the last week I have probably listened them through more than 10 times each. As I sat down after a long day at school {more about that later...} to catch up on a bit of blog reading, I noticed that a couple of my favourite bloggy ladies Jess and Claire had recently written about their eclectic iTunes collections, so I thought I would play along and shuffle up my iTunes to see what 25 songs pop up to speak to my soul this evening. I was actually pleasantly surprised with the list that I managed to compile... I have so much music on my iPod that sometimes when its on shuffle I don't even really know that songs that are being played, but this list, well it pretty much reflects me perfectly at the moment...

Wish you were here - Incubus
Hey Jude - The Beatles
All for you - Goodnight Nurse
Pure Massacre - Silverchair
The man who sold the world - Nirvana
Misery - Pink
Get Fighted - Alexisonfire
Brightest - Copeland
Painting - Blindside
Everything We Had - The Academy Is
Drink the Water - Jack Johnson
Almost Golden - Courtney Love
Saviour - Rise Against
Light My Fire - The Doors
Sunday Morning - No Doubt
Always All Ways - The Lost Prophets
Betty - Brooke Fraser
Three Simple Words - Finch
Franklin - Paramore
Breathing Room Barricades - The Bled
Such Great Heights - The Postal Service
Never Take Us Alive - Madina Lake
Seize the Day - Avenged Sevenfold
Kings and Queens - 30 Seconds to Mars
Estranged - Guns N Roses

If you play along, let me know so I can check out your list! Or maybe you should just tell me all about your favourite bands, I never say no to new music, and I get the feeling my 4 albums on rotate are going to need to be switched out soon!

4 comments:

  1. Epic playlist alright! That's tops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun post with THREE of my FAVORITE GIRLS!!!

    i have to say, why the hell have we not swapped cds yet?!?! love your taste... hello INCUBUS, THE DOORS, AND Postal Service all in one?! i love your taste! plus there's some i don't recognize :GASP: so i'm going to have to check them out for sure!!! i'll post mine tomorrow :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://dolcevitamicaela.blogspot.com/2011/03/we-love-music-and-lyrics-speak-to-me.html

    ta-da!!! i think ours is most similar but WHERE OH WHERE IS ROBBIE WILLIAMS?!?!?!?! argh! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Micaela and her obsession with Robbie Williams are so cute. :)

    I'm so glad you did this! They are so fun to read, and maybe will help all of us to discover some new music. Lately I can't stop listening to the new Adele album, 21. I've even played it to my students in class!

    ReplyDelete