Sunday, May 9, 2010

Oh mum.


Dear Jenny, aka Mum.

I really cant find the right words to describe how much I love you. You are the most incredible person that I have ever met. Now, I know alot of people say this about their mum's, especially around this time of year, what with mothers day being over the weekend and all. But, honestly, you are. So, I want to say thank you. Thank you for your unconditional love and support through everything I have ever done in my life Thank you for being my personal taxi for the last 20 years, whether it be waking up early in the weekends to take me through the country to singing and dancing competitions when I was younger, coming to every netball game I played, or picking me up when I had had too many glasses of wine with my friends. You were there for every school production, every doctors appointment, every step of the way. You never missed anything. Not once. I remember when you were in London for work, and my senior prizegiving for High School was the day before you were meant to get back, you made them rearrange the schedule so you would fly in 2 hours before the ceremony and you came straight there to watch me graduate. That meant so much to me. Thank you for raising me the way you did, as a single mum I know it cant have been easy to always give me everything you did, but you found a way to not only provide for me, but give me all those extra things too.

Thank you for always being there for me, for bringing me back down to reality when I floated off into the clouds, and for picking me up and supporting me when my world didnt make sense. Thank you for your unconditional love and support and Thank you for your hugs, They really are the best hugs in the entire world. Thank you for always being the mum that I could run to when things messed up, and thank you for being the mum that all my friends loved just as much as I did. You are so cool. Really.

Thank you for accepting me for who I am, illustrated or not. Thank you for sticking up for me when other people wouldnt. Thank you for allowing me to do the things that I wanted to do, and even when you might not have agreed with them, you always supported me. I dont think I realised how much grace you have until recently. You really are incredible. Thank you for never pushing anything onto me, but guiding me and encouraging me to always do the right thing. Thank you for the lessons that you have taught me, they have changed my life.

Thank you for the sunday morning breakfasts, and late night talks. For the movies and the laughs. Thank you for the holidays and the moments when we just hang out even for a few minutes. You always brighten my day.

I love you so much mum. I am so proud of everything you have achieved. I look up to you in so many ways. You are a strong, intelligent, successful, stunningly beautiful woman. If I can be half as wonderful at being a mum as you are to me, then I know my children will be alright.

Love Natalie. aka. Daughter.




6 comments:

  1. she looks so fun and fabulous! - obviously one cool lady to be able to call Mum. :) i adored this love letter immensely!!! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to her!!! xo

    ps. I LOVE your glasses!!! just nearly as much as i lurve you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness this is seriously wonderful! you and your mom are the cutest! and i'm so glad you have such a fabulous mother! {who raised an equally stunning and awesome daughter!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny is awesome that for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are gorgeous! And your letter - wow, lady! It made me a little teary-eyed!

    ReplyDelete